Thursday, May 2, 2013

Action: Swimming

Action:
For the action part of CAS I've recently been going to the Zumikon at least twice a week. i have only recently began this routine therefore i have only been there 3 times so far. Since I find it hard to balance out my homework and my exercises, i use my free periods as an opportunity to go to the pool. The best days for me to go are Tuesdays as i have all study periods after third period, and Friday as i have a study period before lunch and therefore have enough time to swim. I use any of the remaining study periods throughout the week to either fill other CAS requirements or to study for my finals.

I chose swimming in the Zumikon pool instead of working out at the school gym because i really wanted to try out something new for the action requirement, and i find that the school gym tends to be under use most of the time. This has helped have more time at home to focus on my studies since i get my exercise done during school. Also, swimming allows me to work out every muscle therefore i feel more relaxed during school hours, and i was getting tired of the same routine of going to the gym. i have not been doing this long enough yet to get a noticeable outcome, but i believe that i work on time management mostly as my study periods are not only used for homework anymore, as well as managing the amount of time i have before my next class.

I plan on continuing swimming at least twice a week and any other form of exercise will be done at home. Through this action, I have learned to be more responsible regarding time management with my work and well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment