Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Action


 

  • Volleyball

I am participating in the JV volleyball team; I have been going to every practice every Monday and Wednesday and so far have not missed a single game. Volleyball in currently my only CAS activity regarding action. I think that Volleyball in a great way to spend my time, and I will be sure to take on further sports through out this school year. I have increased my skills greatly in Volleyball in comparison to the begging of the year. I have learned that I am a better setter than a hitter, and I will keep trying to exceed in both. There are only about 7 other girls on the team, and that makes it harder to play when there are no substitutes to take your place during the games, because many of the girls are not available to participate in all the games. All our games take place very early in the morning, so I have to wake up almost an hour earlier than I usually do to go to school, to get there on time. We have two uniforms, one is white and the other is the traditional ICS orange.

 

So far we have had about 3-4 games/tournaments. The JV team is slowly but surely getting much better each game. A couple weeks ago we went to Lausanne for a weekend tournament. We won about half of the games and the coaches were very proud, considering that we tried and played to our fullest potential. This tournament took about 6 hours straight of playing volleyball with a couple 10 to 20 minute breaks in between. Most of the girls including myself are at our breaking points towards the last games. Our muscles were becoming weak, and many times there was no time for water during the game. Overall it was a great tournament I had a great time with everyone. And I know my volleyball skills have definitely increased after this tournament. And, I would barley walk the next day because my muscles were hurting to bad. Overall it was very worth it, and I will try my best to participate in every game and give my fullest effort. I will try to reflect on all my further games and take many pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment