Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Service


Service:

  • Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
I have already had several meeting with the beast cancer committee, and we have organized many events. Most of the projects we have planned will be happening in October. We have organized to partake in a power point presentation to give awareness to the 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6th graders. Also, other events to create awareness will be held such as, the bake sale, wear pink day, and the selling of breast cancer pins at school. We will also be participating in the breast cancer walk as “Angela’s Army”. I am very motivated to continue being part of this team, I have participated in every meeting at lunch, and have signed up to create a presentation to the 7th grade about Breast Cancer, and do several fun activities with them.


  • The Big Sleep
I have decided to take part in the big sleep coming up soon. I think this is a great opportunity to become aware of the harsh life that kids go through in their every day life. Hopefully this project will teach me how to be more grateful for all the wonderful things and opportunities that I have in my life. I am volunteering to do the security for the kids. Even though being security will not be the same experience as actually partaking in the making of cardboard houses and sleeping outside, I will still be part of the video Skype chat to see what all the street children go though. I am very excited to participate in raising awareness for the saving of Street Children.  I know it will be hard to take shifts at 3am to go walk around and watch the kids, but it will be a great opportunity to learn how to be grateful. I am hoping it will be an eye opening experience, and I will be looking forward to partake in this project next year as well.

1 comment:

  1. Caroline has made an excellent start to CAS. There is a clear plan with learning outcomes and a balance of activities.
    Her reflections have been really good, saying how she feels about things and also what she achieved.

    Well done!
    John Cannings October 30th

    ReplyDelete